You listen to David Bowie, and you listen well.
In tandem with the opening of “David Bowie I,” the most recent David Bowie-themed exhibit at the Art Gallery of Ontario, which will run from September 25th to November 27th, curators Geoffrey Marsh and Victoria Broackes released a list of David Bowie’s top 100 favorite books of all time. Here, 75 of his 100 favorite books.
- The Age of American Unreason, Susan Jacoby, 2008
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, Junot Diaz, 2007
- The Coast of Utopia (trilogy), Tom Stoppard, 2007
- Teenage: The Creation of Youth 1875-1945, Jon Savage, 2007
- Fingersmith, Sarah Waters, 2002
- The Trial of Henry Kissinger, Christopher Hitchens, 2001
- Mr. Wilson’s Cabinet of Wonder, Lawrence Weschler, 1997
- A People’s Tragedy: The Russian Revolution 1890-1924, Orlando Figes, 1997
- The Insult, Rupert Thomson, 1996
- Wonder Boys, Michael Chabon, 1995
- The Bird Artist, Howard Norman, 1994
- Kafka Was…
View original post 543 more words